Saturday, January 11, 2003

I'd just like to toot the horn of two good friends of mine who are both astonishing poets:

I met Richard Greenfield when I was studying in Montana. His work is heartbreaking and incendiary. His first book, A Carnage in the Lovetrees, is being published by University of California Press this April.

I met Brian Teare when I was a Stegner Fellow at Stanford (remind me to tell you about that sometime). His work is baroquely beautiful and sad. His first book The Room Where I Was Born was just accepted for publication by University of Wisconsin Press and should be out in the fall, about the same time as my book, Selah.

This would seem to be our year; after poetically toiling in obscurity separately we will all start toiling in poetic obscurity together.

No comments:

Popular Posts

Followers